JACKIE is a sophisticated, simple to wear, incredibly comfortable knit dress that transitions flawlessly from day to night. This design avoids complicated closures in favor of simplicity and speed of construction. The constructed neckline and figure-flattering seams lengthen and highlight your curves. It has a full, flowing skirt that is fitted at the waist. Three tiny buttons and rouleau loop closures secure a subtle opening at the neckline of the upper back bodice. Both a sewing machine and a serger are used in this project. It can also be made using only a sewing machine.
Recommended Fabric: Light to mid-weight two-way stretch knit fabric with moderate to high drape. At least 20% stretch. Various knits: Jersey, bamboo, cotton, modal, silk, velour, ponte, scuba.
Pattern Format: This is a PDF pattern. Included in your download is an A4 file for at home printing, an A0 File for Copy Shop Printing, Projector files and detailed instruction files.
- 1 x Stretch or Ballpoint sewing machine needle
- 4 cones of serger thread if using serger
- 1 spool of all-purpose thread (2 spools if using twin needle)
- 0.6 meter or 5/8 yard of lightweight fusible tricot interfacing, compatible with self
- 1/2 meter or yard of 1/4" (6mm) wide clear elastic
- Hand sewing needle
- Loop turner
- 3 x 3/8" (1cm) ball and shank buttons
- Optional for finishing hems : 1/4" (6mm) twin needle for stretch fabric